Simplified Brillouin Optical Correlation Domain Analysis Sensor based on a Chopped Microwave Applied Single Sideband Electro-Optic Modulator
- Simplified Brillouin Optical Correlation Domain Analysis Sensor based on a Chopped Microwave Applied Single Sideband Electro-Optic Modulator
- 정지호; 이관일; 송광용; 이재하; 정제명; 이상배
- Fiber optics sensors; Fiber optics; stimulated Brillouin; Scattering
- Issue Date
- OFC/NFOEC 2013
- We propose and experimentally demonstrate a novel scheme of the Brillouin optical
correlation domain analysis (BOCDA) using a single sideband electro-optic modulator (SSBM).
In the work, the SSBM is used to get carrier suppressed upper sideband for the pump wave, and also lock-in detection is used by applying chopped microwave to SSBM for chopping the pump wave. This implementation enables us to eliminate an additional intensity modulator (IM) for
lock-in detection in conventional BOCDA scheme. In the experiment, a 100-m measurement range with 8-cm spatial resolution is successfully achieved.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.