Transparent Cu1.8S and CuS thin films on FTO as efficient counter electrode for quantum dot solar cells
- Transparent Cu1.8S and CuS thin films on FTO as efficient counter electrode for quantum dot solar cells
- Shankara S. Kalanur; 채상윤; 주오심
- Quantum dot solar cell; Counter electrode; Copper sulfide; Hydrothermal method; Polysulfide redox couple; Charge-transfer resistancea
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica acta
- VOL 103, 91-95
- The use of metal sulfides as counter electrode (CE) improves the short circuit current, open circuit volt-age, fill factor, and power conversion efficiency (η) of quantum dot solar cells (QDSCs) compared tothe conventional Pt electrode. Here we demonstrate a simple hydrothermal method for the preparationof copper sulfide thin film on FTO, containing Cu1.8S and CuS (Cu1.8S/CuS) which can serve as efficientCE for QDSCs. Hydrothermal deposition of Cu1.8S/CuS is carried out using thiourea as a source of sul-fur and different copper salts as a source for copper. The product stoichiometry between Cu and S isobserved to be dependent on the copper precursor. Under the illumination of one sun (100 mW cm−2),the CdS–TiO2QDSCs incorporated with Cu1.8S/CuS CE exhibits η values of 1.66%, which is much higherthan the value 0.61% obtained with Pt CE. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy reveals low chargetransfer resistance between polysulfide electrolyte and Cu1.8S/CuS CE, indicating the high catalytic activ-ity of Cu1.8S/CuS CE. The results of this work show the potential application of hydrothermal syntheticmethod in making Cu1.8S/CuS CE instead of Pt, for large-scale transparent QDSCs in the future.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.