Electrical Properties of Amorphous BaTi4O9 Films Grown on Cu/Ti/SiO2/Si Substrates Using RF Magnetron Sputtering
- Electrical Properties of Amorphous BaTi4O9 Films Grown on Cu/Ti/SiO2/Si Substrates Using RF Magnetron Sputtering
- 김진성; 강민규; 권상효; Guifang Han; 강종윤; 윤중락; 정영훈; 백종후; 남산
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Ceramic Society
- VOL 96, NO 4, 1248-1252
- Amorphous BaTi4O9 (BT4) films for use as capacitors embedded in PCB substrates were grown on Cu electrodes at low temperatures (≤ 200°C). The dielectric constant (k) of the amorphous BT4 film grown at room temperature (RT) was 38, and its dissipation factor was 3.2% at 100 kHz. A similar k value was obtained at radio-frequency ranges, with a quality factor of 143 at 1.0 GHz. The films showed a capacitance density of 200 nF/cm2, a temperature coefficient of capacitance of 296 ppm/°C at 75 kHz, and a breakdown voltage of 42.5 V. This film therefore satisfies the requirements of the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors for 2016 for capacitors grown on organic substrates. In addition, the leakage current mechanism of the amorphous BT4 films was found to be Schottky emission, and the Schottky barrier height was calculated as 2.26 eV.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.