A simple colorimetric assay for the detection of mercury ions based-on the interaction between mercyry ion specific ssDNA and catalytic magnetic nanoparticles
- A simple colorimetric assay for the detection of mercury ions based-on the interaction between mercyry ion specific ssDNA and catalytic magnetic nanoparticles
- 김연석; 진성민; 김병찬; 정종수
- colorimetric assay; mercury; ssDNA; aptamer
- Issue Date
- 3rd International Confenrece on Bio-sensing Technology
- We developed a simple colorimetric assay for the detection of metal ions based on the peroxidase-like activity of magnetic nanoparticles (MNPs) and their interactioin with target specific single-stranded DNA (ssDNA). It was already known that MNPs easily oxidize substrates in the presence of hydrogen peroxide same as a peroxidase. In this study, the target specific ssDNA was adsorbed on the positively charged surface of MNP, then the catalytic activity of MNPs was reduced by the screening effect of adsorbed ssDNA on the surface of MNPs to substrates. The peroxidase like activity of MNPs was recovered by the addition of targets because the target specific ssDNA were displaced from MNPs by the interaction between targets and their specific ssDNA. The degree of color change of mixture was proportional to the concentration of mercury ion in a range of 5 to 75 μM. In control experiment, other metal ions did not induce the color change.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.