A New Method to Estimate Thermal Conductivity of Polymer Composite Using Characteristics of Fillers
- A New Method to Estimate Thermal Conductivity of Polymer Composite Using Characteristics of Fillers
- 박희준; 김태안; Raehyun Kim; 김준경; 박민
- composites; theory and modeling; thermal properties
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied polymer science
- VOL 129, NO 3, 965-972
- In this work, a new method to estimate the thermal conductivity of polymer composite was suggested. For this purpose,
polymer composites composed of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and boron nitride (BN) were prepared by twin-screw extruder
melt-mixing, followed by compression molding technique, and their microstructure was investigated by material simulation. Consequently,
the Cf parameter of Agari and Uno equation, which represents an ease in forming conductive chains, was quantified by
‘‘Structure factor (related with conductive pathway)’’ and ‘‘Interfacial factors (related with thermal resistance)’’, ultimately helping us
evaluate the thermal conductivity of arbitrary composite system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.