Asymmetry of localised states in a single quantum ring: Polarization dependence of excitons and biexcitons
- Asymmetry of localised states in a single quantum ring: Polarization dependence of excitons and biexcitons
- H. D. Kim; K. Kyhm; R. A. Taylor; G. Nogues; K. C. Je; 이은혜; 송진동
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 102, NO 3, 033112-1-033112-4
- We performed spectroscopic studies of a single GaAs quantum ring with an anisotropy in the rim
height. The presence of an asymmetric localised state was suggested by the adiabatic potential. The
asymmetry was investigated in terms of the polarization dependence of excitons and biexcitons, where
a large energy difference (~0.8 meV) in the exciton emission energy for perpendicular polarizations
was observed and the oscillator strengths were also compared using the photoluminescence decay rate.
For perpendicular polarizations, the biexciton exhibits twice the energy difference seen for the
exciton, a fact that may be attributed to a possible change in the selection rules for the lowered
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.