Wafer-Scale Production of Uniform InAsyP1-y Nanowire Array on Silicon for Heterogeneous Integration
- Wafer-Scale Production of Uniform InAsyP1-y Nanowire Array on Silicon for Heterogeneous Integration
- Jae Cheol Shin; Ari Lee; Parsian Katal Mohseni; 김도양; Lan Yu; 김재헌; Hyo Jin Kim; 최원준; Daniel Wasserman; Kyoung Jin Choi; Xiuling Li
- Nanowire array; silicon; heterogeneous integration
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano
- VOL 7, NO 6, 5463-5471
- One-dimensional crystal growth allows the epitaxial integration of compound semiconductors on silicon (Si), as the large lattice-mismatch strain arising from heterointerfaces can be laterally relieved. Here, we report the direct heteroepitaxial growth of a mixed anion ternary InAsyP1–y nanowire array across an entire 2 in. Si wafer with unprecedented spatial, structural, and special uniformity across the entire 2 in. wafer and dramatic improvements in aspect ratio (>100) and area density (>5 × 108/cm2). Heterojunction solar cells consisting of n-type InAsyP1–y (y = 0.75) and p-type Si achieve a conversion efficiency of 3.6% under air mass 1.5 illumination. This work demonstrates the potential for large-scale production of these nanowires for heterogeneous integration of optoelectronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.