Au-decorated WO3 cross-linked nanodomes for ultrahigh sensitive and selective sensing of NO2 and C2H5OH
- Au-decorated WO3 cross-linked nanodomes for ultrahigh sensitive and selective sensing of NO2 and C2H5OH
- 심영석; 문희규; 김도홍; Lihua Zhang; 윤석진; 윤영수; 강종윤; 장호원
- Issue Date
- RSC advances [electronic resource].
- VOL 3, NO 26, 10452-10459
- Au-decorated WO3 cross-linked nanodomes are fabricated using soft templates composed of highly
ordered polystyrene beads and self-agglomeration of Au. The distribution and size of Au nanoparticles on
the surface of WO3 cross-linked nanodomes are controlled by varying the thickness of the initial Au film.
The responses of Au-decorated WO3 cross-linked nanodomes to various gases such as NO2, CH3COCH3,
C2H5OH, NH3, CO, H2, and C6H6 are at least 5 times higher than those of bare WO3 cross-linked
nanodomes. The response enhancement by Au decoration is dependent on the target gas, which is
attributed to an interplay between electronic and chemical sensitizations. In particular, the Au-decorated
WO3 cross-linked nanodomes exhibit extremely high sensitivities and selectivities, and ppt-level detection
limits to NO2 and C2H5OH at 250 ℃ and 450 ℃, respectively. These results suggest that Au-decoratedWO3
cross-linked nanodomes are very promising for use in breath analysers to diagnose both asthma and lung
cancer from exhaled human breath.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.