Identification of Anthocyanins by LC-MS and Hepatoprotective Effects of Anthocyanin-Rich Fractions from the Colored Potatoes, 'Hongyoung' and 'Jayoung' Cultivars
- Identification of Anthocyanins by LC-MS and Hepatoprotective Effects of Anthocyanin-Rich Fractions from the Colored Potatoes, 'Hongyoung' and 'Jayoung' Cultivars
- 김상민; 강경수; 하인수; 엄재인; 노주원; 정진철; 권오근; 남정환; 판철호
- Colored Potato; Hongyoung; Jayoung; Anthocyanin; LC-MS; Hepatoprotection
- Issue Date
- 2013 한국응용생명화학회 국제심포지움
- The colored Potatoes, ‘Hongyoung’ and ‘Jayoung’ cultivars bred in Rural Development Administration (Korea) contain anthocyanin compounds in the tuber as a natural pigment. LC-MS analysis was carried out to identify anthocyanins with the methanol extracts of the skin and flesh from the potato tubers. In the result, three compounds (petunidin-3-O-coumaroyl-rutinoside-5-O-glucoside, pelargonidin-3-O-coumaroyl-rutinoside-5-O-glucoside and peonidin-3-O-coumaroyl-rutinoside-5-O-glucoside) were identified as main anthocyanins in ‘Jayoung’ cultivar while only pelargonidin-3-O-coumaroyl-rutinoside-5-O-glucoside was present as a major anthocyanin in ‘Hongyoung’ cultivar. In order to evaluate hepatoprotective activity of these potatoes, the methanol extracts and their serial solvent fractions were prepared by solvent partition and XAD-7 column chromatography method and treated on hepatoma HepG2 cells which its cytotoxicity was induced by tert-butyl hydroperoxide. Among the tested samples, anthocyanin-rich fractions from both cultivars contained the strongest hepatoprotective effect on HepG2 cells. This result indicates that hepatoprotective effect of these fractions can be occurred from anthocyanin compounds. Further work is in progress to isolate individual anthocyanin compounds and characterize their hepatoprotective activities.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.