Correlation between the dielectric properties and local electronic structure of copper doped calcium titanate
- Correlation between the dielectric properties and local electronic structure of copper doped calcium titanate
- Jitendra Pal Singh; Sanjeev Gautam; Parmod Kumar; Ambuj Tripathi; Jin-Ming Chen; 채근화; K. Asokan
- Ceramic; Solid state reactions; Dielectric constant; X-ray absorption near edge structure
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 572, 84-89
- Copper-doped calcium titanate (CuxCa1−xTiO3, x = 0.0, 0.01, 0.02 and 0.03) ceramic system was synthesized using solid state reaction method. X-ray diffraction and Raman spectroscopic studies reveal the presence of Pbnm space group in the samples. The particle size estimated from scanning electron micrograph changes from 235 nm to 6.5 μm with copper doping, however crystallite size remain almost constant within experimental error. The dielectric study performed on these samples indicates an increase in the value of dielectric constant with Cu doping. The drastic change in the value of dielectric constant of the samples has been attributed to the change in microstructure. Local electronic structure deduced from X-ray absorption near edge structure reveals no distortion at TiO6 octahedra and reduction in O(2p) and Ca(4sp) hybridized states with increase of Cu2+ doping.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.