A new optical coherence tomography system guided by active cannulas
- A new optical coherence tomography system guided by active cannulas
- 김수현; 문효원; 신현준; 이득희; 강성철; 김계리
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT); Active Cannula; steering needle; nondestructive 3-D measurement; pose calibration and control
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Computer Radiology and Surgery
- VOL 8, NO 1, s34-s35
- Purpose This paper presents a new OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) system which is guided
by Active Cannulas with its control platform. With the known advantages on OCT for its high
speed and resolution spectral domain and a latest attracting active cannula system for its dexterous
positioning controllability under millimeter scale surgery, an integration of both system are
performed and tested in the first prototype setup.
Methods The optical fiber having lens is installed on the cannula tip through the inner tube and the
end-position are controlled to make line motions for scanning. For 3-D scanning on targeted area,
radial motions are combined to reconstruct the scanned volume.
Results For developing the integrated system to apply for real surgery, the positioning performance
of the active cannula system are tested and implemented with calibration for processing the OCT
Conclusion A new OCT system guided by active cannula is developed and tested experimentally
in a prototype set up. Some representative OCT graphs are shown and the results verify that the
integrated system will make reliable measuring performance on real surgery environment for
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.