RGO/Nylon-6 composite mat with unique structural features and electrical properties obtained from electrospinning and hydrothermal process
- RGO/Nylon-6 composite mat with unique structural features and electrical properties obtained from electrospinning and hydrothermal process
- Hem Raj Pant; Bishweshwar Pant; 박찬희; 김한주; 이동수; Leonard D. Tijing; 황보상; 김학용; 김철상
- Electrospinning; Hydrothermal; Graphene oxide; Nylon-6; Conductivity
- Issue Date
- FIBERS AND POLYMERS
- VOL 14, NO 6, 970-975
- In this work, the reduced graphene oxide (RGO) sheets were effectively uploaded through nylon-6 fibers using
combined process of electrospinning and hydrothermal treatment. Good dispersion of graphene oxide (GO) with nylon-6
solution could allow to upload GO sheets through nylon-6 fibers and facilitate the formation of spider-wave-like nano-nets
during electrospinning. GO sheets present on/into nylon-6 spider-wave-like nano-nets were further reduced to RGO using
hydrothermal treatment. The impregnated GO sheets into nylon-6 nanofibers and their reduction during hydrothermal
treatment were confirmed by FE-SEM, TEM, FT-IR and Raman spectra. The electrical characteristics of pristine nylon-6,
GO/nylon-6 and RGO/nylon-6 nanofibers were investigated and it was found that RGO/nylon-6 composite mat had better
electrical conductivity than others. The formation of spider-wave-like nano-nets as well as indirect route of incorporation of
RGO sheets on electrospun nylon-6 mat may open a new direction for future graphene/polymer electronics.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.