Facile synthesis of ZrO2 coated Li2CoPO4F cathode materials for lithium secondary batteries with improved electrochemical properties
- Facile synthesis of ZrO2 coated Li2CoPO4F cathode materials for lithium secondary batteries with improved electrochemical properties
- S. Amaresh; K. Karthikeyan; K.J. Kim; M.C. Kim; 정경윤; 조병원; 이윤성
- Cobalt fluorophosphate; Cathode material; Zirconium oxide; Coating; Lithium battery
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 244, 395-402
- A facile synthesis of a metal oxide (ZrO2) coating on the surface of high voltage type Li2CoPO4F cathode
material using the conventional solution method is reported in this study. The Li2CoPO4F is prepared by
a two step solid state method, followed by the application of wet coating containing various amounts of
ZrO2. Among the samples, the 5 wt% ZrO2 coated Li2CoPO4F material shows the best performance with an
initial discharge capacity of up to 144 mA h g-1 within the voltage range of 2-5.2 V vs Li at 10 mA g-1.
Moreover, this ZrO2 coated cell demonstrates an enhanced capacity retention which is two times higher
than that of the uncoated sample. The reversible extraction-insertion of one lithium unit from Li2CoPO4F
is successfully carried out in a controlled environment, where the electrolyte decomposition is reduced
using a highly durable ZrO2 coating. The nanosized coating over the Li2CoPO4F surface helps to attain
a higher discharge capacity even at high current rates. As a consequence, the cell delivers a capacity of
104 mA h g-1 at a high current rate of 100 mA g-1.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.