Anisotropic magnetoresistance of an epitaxial Fe stripe grown on MgO/GaAs
- Anisotropic magnetoresistance of an epitaxial Fe stripe grown on MgO/GaAs
- 심성훈; 김경호; 김형준; 이윤희; 장준연
- anisotropic magnetoresistance; ordinary magnetoresistance; Fe/MgO/GaAs
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 13, NO 9, 6333-6335
- The anisotropic magnetoresistance of a  oriented Fe stripe grown on MgO/GaAs was investigated
in order to elucidate the magnetization switching of patterned Fe. A 15 nm thick Fe film
was epitaxially grown on MgO/GaAs layers using molecular beam epitaxy and a 50 μm × 4 μm
shaped Fe stripe was patterned along its magnetic easy axis of . Negative (positive) resistance
peaks appear at room (low) temperature in magnetoresistance measurement. A reversal in sign of
the peak was evidently observed with decreasing temperature. Such a reversal of resistance peak
is caused by the competition between Lorentz force (ordinary) and spin-orbit (extraordinary) dominated
scattering processes in a magnetic domain, which is significantly affected by temperature.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.