Electrical spin injection and detection in semimetallic Bi and Bi-Pb films
- Electrical spin injection and detection in semimetallic Bi and Bi-Pb films
- 이경일; 노종욱; 장준연; 한석희; 신경호; 정원용; Mark Johnson; 이우영
- Bi; Bi-Pb; spin injection; bismuth alloys; Hanle effect; lead alloys; magnetoresistance; semimetallic thin films; spin dynamics; spin polarised transport
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 79, NO 19, 195201-1-195201-6
- The spin injection technique is extended to semimetal bismuth samples in a lateral spin valve geometry. We
study spin injection, diffusion, and detection in a material system where a small change in sample stoichiometry
results in a large change in the electronic and spin dependent transport properties of the nonmagnetic
material. Measurements of magnetoresistance, using a magnetic field applied in the sample plane, as well as the
Hanle effect, using a field applied perpendicular to the sample plane, are reported. We demonstrate two
remarkable results: i a spin diffusion length of 230 m T=2 K in a BiPb sample with temperature
dependent resistivity, T , which decreases with decreasing T is the longest known value in a thin film; ii the
interfacial spin polarization is 10% in BiPb samples with decreasing T and an order of magnitude smaller
0.8% in Bi samples where T increases with decreasing T.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.