Slurry Phase Reaction of Elemental Silicon with Methanol in the Presence of Copper. Direct Synthesis of Trimethoxysilane
- Slurry Phase Reaction of Elemental Silicon with Methanol in the Presence of Copper. Direct Synthesis of Trimethoxysilane
- 한준수; 조주현; 이명의; 유복렬
- Silicon; Silane; Trimethoxysilane; Methanol; Copper; Alkoxysilane
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 30, NO 3, 683-686
- Slurry phase reaction of elemental silicon with methanol has been studied in the presence of copper using a small amount of cuprous chloride as an activator in DBT (dibenzyltoluene) at various temperatures from 200 oC to 320 oC. Trimethoxysilane (1a) with a Si-H unit was obtained as the major product and tetramethoxysilane (1b) as the minor product. The reaction worked well using a 0.5 wt % CuCl as an activator. The optimum temperature for this direct synthesis of 1a was 240 oC. Methoxysilanes were obtained in 95% yield with 81% selectivity to 1a from 85% conversion of elemental silicon.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.