Stripe domain structure in epitaxial (001) BiFeO3 thin films on orthorhombic TbScO3 substrate
- Stripe domain structure in epitaxial (001) BiFeO3 thin films on orthorhombic TbScO3 substrate
- C. M. Folkman; S. H. Baek; 장호원; C. B. Eom; C. T. Nelson; X. Q. Pan; Y. L. Li; L. Q. Chen; A. Kumar; V. Gopalan; S. K. Streiffer
- bismuth compounds; dielectric polarization; ferroelectric thin films; domains
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 94, NO 25, 251911-1-251911-3
- We have analyzed the ferroelastic and ferroelectric domain structure of high crystalline quality 001
BiFeO3 films on orthorhombic 110 TbScO3 substrates. Two domains were present in stripes
separated by 010 vertical boundaries, with spontaneous polarizations in adjacent domains rotated
by 109°. The striped morphology was caused by nucleation of only two ferroelastic domains on the
low symmetry GdFeO3-type substrate. Domain engineering through substrate symmetry is an
important finding for rhombohedral ferroelectric epitaxial thin films. The stripe pattern with vertical
walls may be useful for extracting domain wall contributions to magnetism and electrical transport
properties of BiFeO3 materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.