A study on the temperature dependence of characteristics of phase change memory devices
- A study on the temperature dependence of characteristics of phase change memory devices
- 이수연; 정두석; 정증현; 우철; 박영욱; 안형우; 김원목; 정병기
- phase change memory; Ge2Sb2Te5; temperature dependence
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 95, NO 9, 093504-1-093504-3
- We investigated the temperature dependence of characteristics of phase change memory devices composed of Ge2Sb2Te5 (GST). We found that the RESET resistance (RR), SET resistance (RS), and SET time (tSET) decreased with increasing ambient temperature (Tamb.) while RESET current (IR) increased with Tamb. These results were explained in terms of the enhanced thermal activation of electrical conduction in GST and the increased thermal conductivity of the bottom electrode with Tamb.. Besides, threshold voltage (Vth) was found to decrease linearly with Tamb., seemingly in support of the relaxation semiconductor model and hopping-dominated transport model both of which predicted the existence of critical conductivity for threshold switching in chalcogenide glasses.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.