A Kinetic study of the decross-linking of cross-linked polyethylene in supercritical methanol
- A Kinetic study of the decross-linking of cross-linked polyethylene in supercritical methanol
- 이홍식; 정주형; 조항규; 구종민; 홍순만; 김화용; 이윤우
- kinetic; crosslinking; supercritical fluid; Cross-linked polyethylene; Supercritical methanol; Decross-linking; Recycling
- Issue Date
- Polymer degradation and stability
- VOL 93, NO 12, 2084-2088
- The recycling of cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) by a decross-linking reaction in supercritical methanol was studied using a batch reactor. XLPEs with initial gel contents of 45, 55 and 65% were employed and subjected to reaction temperatures between 320 and 360 °C. Complete decross-linking of XLPE was achieved in 10 min in supercritical methanol at 360 °C and 15 MPa. For the first time, chemical kinetics for the decross-linking reaction is proposed based on the gel concentration, and applicable to the reactor design. With respect to the gel concentration, the first-order reaction model agreed well with the experimental results. The evaluated kinetic constant was 0.0867 ± 0.0082 cm3/mg min at 350 °C, and the activation energy was 578 ± 25 kJ/mol.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.