Chemical synthesis and characterization of CexZr1-xO2 powders by a modified sol-gel method
- Chemical synthesis and characterization of CexZr1-xO2 powders by a modified sol-gel method
- 다사리하리; 이종호; 이해원; 김병국; 박종성
- ceria-zirconia; solid solution; Raman spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research / International organization for ceramic processing
- VOL 10, NO 6, 748-752
- CexZr1-xO2 (x = 1, 0.7, 0.4, 0.2, 0) solid solution powders were successfully synthesized by a modified sol-gel method using a
simple metal nitrate precursors as sources for cerium and zirconium which do not contain any hazardous and explosive
precursor materials. X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Raman spectroscopy analyses revealed the formation of a solid solution
depending on the ratio of the two oxides. In the modified sol-gel method, the composition range of the solid solution was wider
than that from other methods. When the content of ZrO2 in the compound of CexZr1-xO2 was increased, the crystal structures
were maintained as the cubic fluorite structures up to 60mol% of ZrO2 and the cubic phase was still predominant upto 80
mol% of ZrO2. A decrease in the crystallite size and an increase in the BET surface area were observed along with an increase
of the Zr content in CexZr1-xO2 solid solutions. The powder morphologies were also investigated by scanning electron
microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) analysis.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.