Synthesis and Antiviral Evaluation of 1'-Branched-5'-Norcarbocyclic Adenosine Phosphonic Acid Analogues
- Synthesis and Antiviral Evaluation of 1'-Branched-5'-Norcarbocyclic Adenosine Phosphonic Acid Analogues
- 오창현; 유경호; 홍준희
- Antiviral agent; 1'-Branched nucleoside; 5'-Nornucleoside; Phosphonic acid nucleoside
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 31, NO 9, 2473-2478
- Nucleosides play a major role in combating tumors and
viruses, with modifications of natural nucleosides leading to
novel antitumor and/or antiviral agents, including branched
nucleosides such as DMDC,1 CNDAC,2 ECyd,3 4'α-C-ethenylthymidine,
4 and 4'α-C-ethynylthymidine5 as potent antiviral or
The 1'-substituted nucleosides such as angustmycin 16 and
hydantocidin 27 are herbicidal and affect plant growth (Figure 1).
However, only a few examples of 1'-substituted nucleosides of
defined absolute stereochemistry are reported.8 The scarcity of
examples of 1'-substituted nucleosides may be due to the synthetic
difficulties for elaborating a necessary tertiary carbon center.
We therefore developed efficient methodology to synthesize
furanosyl or cyclopentane rings containing stereochemically
defined tertiary carbons.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.