Development of 1 kW SOFC power package for dual-fuel operation
- Development of 1 kW SOFC power package for dual-fuel operation
- 김용민; 홍성안; 남석우; 서석호; 유영성; 이상혁
- Solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC); Power generation system; Pre-reforming; Dual-fuel operation
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 36, NO 16, 10247-10254
- A compact SOFC power generation system was developed by integrating a 1 kW SOFC stack
and balance-of-plant. The system was designed for dual-fuel operation using both natural
gas (NG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). An adiabatic pre-reformer was employed in
a fuel processing system to convert C2+ hydrocarbons in the fuel into CH4-rich gas which
was further processed in a main reformer to produce H2-rich gas for the SOFC stack. The
SOFC system was operated for 350 h under thermally self-sustaining condition, and onload
fuel switching from NG to LPG was carried out during the operation. The system
performance was not significantly affected by NG/LPG composition ratios and the performance
was stable during continuous operation in NG or LPG.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.