Improvement of Photovoltaic Efficiency of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell by Introducing Highly Transparent Nanoporous TiO2 Buffer Layer
- Improvement of Photovoltaic Efficiency of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell by Introducing Highly Transparent Nanoporous TiO2 Buffer Layer
- 김용주; 김학진; 이미현; 임구일; 송혜영; 최영식; 박남규; 이종무; 이완인
- Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell; DSSC; TiO2; Buffer Layer; Nanoporous Film
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 10, NO 1, 340-348
- 13 nm-sized highly-dispersible TiO2 nanoparticle was synthesized by solvothermal reaction of titanium
isopropoxide in a basic condition with tetrabutylammonium hydroxide (TBAH). The prepared
TiO2 nanoparticle was applied to fabrication of the transparent nanoporous TiO2 layer with 1.2 ㎛-thickness.
By introducing this buffer layer between FTO and main TiO2 layer in the dye-sensitized
solar cell (DSSC), the photovoltaic conversion efficiency was improved from 5.92% to 7.13%. Due
to the excellent antireflective role of nanoporous TiO2 buffer layer, the transmittance of FTO glass
was increased by 9.2%, and this seemed to be one of the major factors in enhancing photovoltaic
conversion efficiency. Moreover, the presence of nanoporous TiO2 buffer layer induces excellent
adhesion between FTO and main TiO2 layer, as well as it suppresses the back reaction by blocking
direct contact between I−3 and FTO electrode.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.