Crosslinked monosulfonated poly(arylene ether) using cyclodimerization of trifluorovinyl ether groups for fuel cell applications
- Crosslinked monosulfonated poly(arylene ether) using cyclodimerization of trifluorovinyl ether groups for fuel cell applications
- 김병각; 김형준; 장종현; 조은애; 헨켄스마이어디억; 김수길; 오인환; 홍성안; 임태훈
- PEMFC; crosslinked; monosulfonated poly(arylene ether); cyclodimerization; proton-exchangemembrane
- Issue Date
- Polymer international
- VOL 60, NO 4, 685-691
- A crosslinker and crosslinkable sulfonated poly(arylene ether)s with trifluorovinyl ether groups were synthesized via reaction
of 4-trifluorovinyloxyphenol for application in fuel cells. Crosslinked poly(arylene ether)membranes were prepared by thermal
irradiation, and the cyclodimerization of the trifluorovinyl ether groups in the polymers aswell as the crosslinkerwas confirmed
using differential scanning calorimetry and infrared measurements. These crosslinkedmembranes showed a low swelling ratio,
comparable to that of Nafion 112. The proton conductivity of the crosslinked membranes was 0.17 and 0.3 S cm−1 at 30 and
80 ℃, respectively,much higher than that ofNafion 112 under the sameconditions. The excellent dimensional stability and high
conductivity of the crosslinked membranes can be attributed to this new type of crosslinking system (end-group crosslinking)
as well as the chemical structure of crosslinked (multi-block) polymers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.