High-temperature thermoelectric properties of nanostructured Ca3Co4O9 thin films
- High-temperature thermoelectric properties of nanostructured Ca3Co4O9 thin films
- 강민규; 조광환; 오승민; 김진상; 강종윤; 남산; 윤석진
- nano-structured; Ca3Co4O9; thin film
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 98, NO 14, 142102-1-142102-3
- ﻿We prepared nanostructured Ca3Co4O9 (CCO) thin films by promoting localized epitaxial growth on
polycrystalline Al2O3 substrates. The thermoelectric properties of the CCO films were studied in the
temperature range 300 to 1023 K. We confirmed that localized epitaxial growth occurred on the seed
grains that dominate the (006) plane. The nanostructured CCO thin films were found to have a
maximum Seebeck coefficient of 206 μV/K and a power factor (at 920 K) of 0.514 mW/mK2 .
Moreover, the presence of nanostructure was found to reduce the thermal conductivity, and thus,
should enhance the overall performance of CCO films in thermoelectric devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.