Enhanced Photocurrent Generation of Binary Self-Assembled Monolayers of Di-(3-aminopropyl)-Viologen and Methylviologen on Indium Tin Oxide
- Enhanced Photocurrent Generation of Binary Self-Assembled Monolayers of Di-(3-aminopropyl)-Viologen and Methylviologen on Indium Tin Oxide
- 이미선; 형경희; 이원주; 안희준; 조병원; 노재근; 한성환
- Self-Assembled Monolayers; Photocurrent; Cyclic Voltammetry; Viologen; Photoinduced Charge-Transfer
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 11, NO 5, 4389-4393
- The binary self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) of di-(3-aminopropyl)-viologen (DAPV) and methylviologen
(MV) molecules on indium tin oxide (ITO) were prepared by dipping the DAPV SAMs/ITO
substrates into MV solution. The DAPV-MV SAM films were characterized by UV-vis. absorption
spectroscopy, Rutherford backscattering spectroscopy, and cyclic voltammetry. Optical band gap,
lowest unoccupied molecular orbital, and highest occupied molecular orbital of DAPV-MV SAMs
were measured to be 1.6, −4.3, and −5.9 eV, respectively. We found that although DAPV SAMs
have a quantum yield of 0.11%, the binary SAM films have a good quantum yield of 2.30%, which
was 20 times higher than that of DAPV SAMs on ITO. This result may be due to the higher adsorption
property of the binary SAMs for the light in visible range compared to that of DAPV SAMs.
From this study, we demonstrated that the photocurrent generation systems with a high quantum
yield can be obtained by the functional binary SAMs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.