Analysis of a head-mounted display-type multifocus display system using a laser scanning method
- Analysis of a head-mounted display-type multifocus display system using a laser scanning method
- 김동욱; 권용무; 박규한; 김성규
- 3D Display; HMD; Multi-Focus; eye fatigue; three-dimensional display systems; multifocus display systems; head-mounted displays; accommodation of eye; laser scanning methods; monocular depth cues
- Issue Date
- Optical engineering
- VOL 50, NO 3, 034006-1-034006-9
- We developed a head-mounted display (HMD)-type multifocus
display system using a laser-scanning method to provide an accommodation
effect for viewers. This accomplishment indicates that providing a
monocular depth cue is possible through this multifocus system. In the
system, the optical path is changed by a scanning action. To provide
an accurate accommodation effect for the viewer, the multifocus display
system is designed and manufactured in accordance with the geometric
analysis of the system’s scanning action. Using a video camera as a
substitute for the viewer, correct focus adjustment without the scanning
action problem is demonstrated. By analyzing the scanning action and
experimental results, we are able to illustrate the formation of a viewpoint
in an HMD-typemultifocus display system using a laser-scanning method.
In addition, we demonstrate that the accommodation effect could be provided
independent of the viewing condition of the viewer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.