Tunable polarization of spin polarized current by magnetic field
- Tunable polarization of spin polarized current by magnetic field
- 주성중; 이진서; 김태엽; 이긍원; 홍진기; 신경호; 김기현
- Spin polarization; Spin-flip; g-factor; Zeeman; HgCdTe
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 11, NO 3, 568-572
- The spin polarization of a high g-factor bulk semiconductor is theoretically investigated in the presence
of a magnetic field parallel to a driving electric field. Calculations have been carried out using the energydependent
relaxation time approximation in association with spin-flip scattering. As the magnitude of
the magnetic field increases, the spin-polarized current alternates between the spin-up and spin-down
states for the low spin-scattering system. This implies that the current polarization can be tuned by
controlling the magnetic field strength, suggesting possible applications to spintronic devices. An
experimental method for investigating alternative current polarization is also considered.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.