Broadband Single-Polarization Single-Mode Operation in Highly Birefringent Photonic Crystal Fiber with a Depressed-Index Core
- Broadband Single-Polarization Single-Mode Operation in Highly Birefringent Photonic Crystal Fiber with a Depressed-Index Core
- 이성구; 임선도; 이관일; 이상배
- fiber; PCF; SMF; Birefringent; depressed index
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1- Regular Papers
- VOL 49, NO 12, 122501-1-122501-3
- A novel design for a broadband single-polarization single-mode photonic crystal fibers is proposed and numerically analyzed by using a finite-element
method. It is shown that the single-polarization single-mode operation spectral region of a highly birefringent photonic crystal fiber can be strongly
enhanced by introducing a suitably down-doped silica rod inside the fiber core. In the proposed design, the single-polarization single-mode guidance can
be realized in the wavelength range from 1.0 to 1.8 ㎛ with the confinement loss less than 0.12 dB/km.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.