Promoting Effects of La for Improved Oxygen Reduction Activity and High Stability of Pt on Pt-La Alloy Electrodes
- Promoting Effects of La for Improved Oxygen Reduction Activity and High Stability of Pt on Pt-La Alloy Electrodes
- 유성종; 황승준; 이준근; 이승철; 임태훈; 성영은; Andrzej Wieckowski; 김수길
- Issue Date
- Energy & environmental science
- VOL 5, NO 6, 7521-7525
- The design of polymer electrolyte fuel cell electrocatalysts depends
on two equally important fundamental principles: the optimization
of electrocatalytic activities as well as the long-term stability under
operating conditions (e.g., pH < 1 and E > 0.8 V). Pt-based alloys
with transition metals (i.e., Pt–La) address both of these key issues.
The oxygen reduction kinetics depends on the alloy composition
which, in turn, is related to the d-band center position. The stability
of the oxygen reduction reaction is predictable by correlation of the
d-band fillings and vacancies of Pt–M (M ¼ Ti, Fe, Zr and La).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.