Role of Multivalent Pr in the Formation and Migration of Oxygen Vacancy in Pr-Doped Ceria: Experimental and First-Principles Investigations
- Role of Multivalent Pr in the Formation and Migration of Oxygen Vacancy in Pr-Doped Ceria: Experimental and First-Principles Investigations
- 안기용; 유동수; 다사리하리; 이해원; 정용재; 이종호
- ceria; density functional calculations; oxygen storage capacity; solid-state ionics; lattice distortion
- Issue Date
- Chemistry of materials
- VOL 24, NO 21, 4261-4267
- We combined first-principles calculations with several experimental studies to
investigate the complex role for high oxygen storage capacity (OSC) in multivalent Pr-doped ceria.
TPR and Raman spectra were measured for confirming oxygen vacancy concentration and oxygen
mobility. The coordination number was fitted via EXAFS spectra, and it was the correlated DFT
calculation that has been corrected as effective U (5.3 eV) to well express the reducing state (4+ →
3+) for both Ce and Pr elements. In our study, when Pr is incorporated into pure ceria, Pr3+ and
Pr4+ ions are incorporated as majority and minority ions, respectively. Pr3+ ions play a key role to
create oxygen vacancies and induce a local distortion, which improves oxygen mobility, and Pr4+
can contribute to diminishing reduction energy and a respectable OSC via the formation of an
additional redox couple.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.