On the Optical Properties of Ag+15 Ion-beam-irradiated TiO2 and SnO2 Thin Films
- On the Optical Properties of Ag+15 Ion-beam-irradiated TiO2 and SnO2 Thin Films
- Hardeep Thakur; K. K. Sharma; Ravi Kumar; Pardeep Thakur; Yogesh Kumar; Abhinav Pratap Singh; Sanjeev Gautam; 채근화
- SHI irradiation; Optical properties; UV-vis; Surface modifications
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 61, NO 10, 1609-1614
- The effects of 200-MeV Ag+15 ion irradiation on the optical properties of TiO2 and SnO2 thin
films prepared by using the RF magnetron sputtering technique were investigated. These films were
characterized by using UV-vis spectroscopy, and with increasing irradiation fluence, the transmittance
for the TiO2 films was observed to increase systematically while that for SnO2 was observed
to decrease. Absorption spectra of the irradiated samples showed minor changes in the indirect
bandgap from 3.44 to 3.59 eV with increasing irradiation fluence for TiO2 while significant changes
in the direct bandgap from 3.92 to 3.6 eV were observed for SnO2. The observed modifications in
the optical properties of both the TiO2 and the SnO2 systems with irradiation can be attributed
to controlled structural disorder/defects in the system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.