LC-TOF/MS determination of phthalates in edible salts from food markets in Korea
- LC-TOF/MS determination of phthalates in edible salts from food markets in Korea
- Warnadi Dirwono; 남윤식; 박현미; 이강봉
- phthalate; edible salt; unrefined raw salt; baked salt; LC-TOF/MS
- Issue Date
- Food Additives and Contaminants Part B-Surveillance
- VOL 6, NO 3, 203-208
- Residual quantities of 12 phthalates have been monitored in edible salts (raw salts, refined salts, refined salts with additives
and baked salts) available in Korean food markets. Liquid–liquid extraction followed by liquid chromatography time-offlight
mass spectrometry (LC-TOF/MS) was used to analyse the samples. The method was validated and showed linear
correlation (R2 > 0.996) in the range 0.5–100 ng g−1 for all target analytes. Recoveries were 85.9–108.4%, except for
diethyl phthalate (DEP). Relative standard deviations (RSDs) were 2.7–6.0% and the limits of detection (LODs) were 1.2–
2.8 ng g−1. Although the contamination of phthalates in salt would be trivial in comparison to those of other main foods and
below the reference dose of the Chronic Oral Exposure recommended by US-EPA, the availability of reference data could
be valuable for food chemists and salt manufacturers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.