Face Age Estimation by Human and Machine
- Face Age Estimation by Human and Machine
- 최성은; 박강령; 김익재; 김재희
- age simulation; age estimation; Age estimation by human; Age estimation by machine; Subjective test
- Issue Date
- International Conference on Electronics, Information and Communication
- The research related to age estimation and simulation using face images has become increasingly important. In many previous works, the ground-truth age based on birth date is used for age estimation and simulation generally. However, the ground-truth age is not equivalent to the appearance age always. In order to obtain the appearance age of face image, we perform the subjective test using the BERC database from 20 participations in their 20s and 30s. To evaluate the performance of human age estimation, the accuracy of human and machine is compared. Experimental results show that human achieved better performance than machine. Also, color value and non-facial components are crucial factors for age estimation by human.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.