Synthesis and properties of iodo functionalized graphene oxide/poluimide nanocomposites
- Synthesis and properties of iodo functionalized graphene oxide/poluimide nanocomposites
- 박옥경; 김선국; 유남호; 구본철; David Hui; 이중희
- polymer matrix composites; thin films; electrical properties; mechanical properties; nano-structures
- Issue Date
- Composites. Part B, Engineering
- VOL 56, 365-371
- We report an effective method to fabricate the graphene-based high performance polyimide (PI) nanocomposites
via the in situ polymerization with iodo functionalized graphene oxide (I-Ph-GO). The electrical
conductivity of the reduced iodo functionalized graphene oxide (R-I-Ph-GO)/PI (1/99 w/w)
nanocomposites was 5.2 x10-2 S/m, which is about 107 times higher than that of the reduced graphene
oxide (R-GO)/PI (1/99 w/w) nanocomposites. The tensile modulus of R-I-Ph-GO/PI (0.5/99.5 w/w) nanocomposites
was increased from 2.5 GPa to 6.8 GPa, and the tensile strength was increased from 75 MPa to
123 MPa, which were approximately 170% and 64% enhancement compared to those of pure PI, respectively.
In addition, the water transmission rate of an I-Ph-GO/PI (0.2/99.8 w/w) nanocomposites film was
lower than that of R-GO/PI nanocomposites and was reduced by about 67% compared to that of pure PI.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.