Catalytic Oxidation of Benzene Using Mesoporous α-Mn2O3
- Catalytic Oxidation of Benzene Using Mesoporous α-Mn2O3
- Hyung Bum An; Ji Man Kim; 정종수; 배귀남; Jong-Ki Jeon; Sung Hoon Park; Young-Kwon Park
- Mesoporous α-Mn2O3; Benzene; Catalytic Oxidation
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 13, NO 11, 7472-7476
- The catalytic oxidation of benzene was carried out over mesoporous α-Mn2O3, MnOx/KIT-6, and
bulk commercial Mn oxides (Mn2O3, MnO2, and MnO). The catalysts were characterized using X-ray
diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, Brunauer–Emmett–Teller analysis, and temperatureprogrammed
reduction analysis. MnOx/KIT-6, prepared by impregnating MnOx on KIT-6, exhibited a
low activity for the oxidation of benzene, whereas mesoporous α-Mn2O3, manufactured using KIT-6
as the template, showed a high activity. The order of the activities of bulk Mn oxides for benzene
decomposition was shown to be Mn2O3 > MnO2 > MnO. Therefore, the high activity of mesoporous
α-Mn2O3 is attributed to the uniform distribution of highly active Mn2O3 in the mesoporous structure.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.