Electrochemically fabricated NiCu alloy catalysts for hydrogen production in alkaline water electrolysis
- Electrochemically fabricated NiCu alloy catalysts for hydrogen production in alkaline water electrolysis
- 안상현; 박희영; 최인수; 유성종; 황승준; 김형준; 조은애; 윤창원; 박한수; 손형빈; 후안마틴헤르난데스; 남석우; 임태훈; 김수길; 장종현
- Alkaline water electrolysis; Hydrogen evolution reaction; Electrodeposition; Nickel copper alloy catalysts
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 38, NO 31, 13493-13501
- NiCu alloy catalysts for alkaline water electrolysis were prepared by an electrodeposition
method varying the alloy composition. When the deposition potential became more positive,
the bulk and surface Cu content in NiCu alloys as well as the catalyst particle size
gradually increased, which were confirmed by various spectroscopic and electrochemical
techniques. The surface coverage of the catalysts was found to be a function of the
deposition potential, as well. The catalytic activities of the prepared NiCu alloys to
hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) were investigated with cyclic voltammetry in a 6.0 M
KOH electrolyte at 298 K, and the mass activities of NiCu alloys were correlated with bulk
and surface Cu contents to investigate the Cu alloying effect.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.