Thermal spin injection and accumulation in CoFe/MgO tunnel contacts to n-type Si through Seebeck spin tunneling
- Thermal spin injection and accumulation in CoFe/MgO tunnel contacts to n-type Si through Seebeck spin tunneling
- 전건록; 민병철; 박승영; 이경동; 송현석; 박윤호; 신성철
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 103, NO 14, 142101-1-142401-5
- We report the thermal spin injection and accumulation in crystalline CoFe/MgO tunnel contacts to
n-type Si through Seebeck spin tunneling (SST). With the Joule heating (laser heating) of Si (CoFe),
the thermally induced spin accumulation is detected by means of the Hanle effect for both polarities
of the temperature gradient across the tunnel contact. The magnitude of the thermal spin signal
scales linearly with the heating power, and its sign is reversed as we invert the temperature gradient,
demonstrating the major features of SST and thermal spin accumulation. Based on a quantitative
comparison of the thermal and electrical spin signals, the thermal spin injection through SST is
suggested as an effective route to inject the spin accumulation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.