Effect of change in coil orientation for SMA spring
- Effect of change in coil orientation for SMA spring
- K. E. Kim; J. H. Han; Y. M. Sung; 지광구; W. Y. Jang
- SMA coil spring; Initial tension; Reverse of coil orientation; Perfect recovery; Two way shape memory effect
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 577, S741-S744
- This work is concerned with fabrication of SMA coil spring which shows perfect recovery despite slip deformation by using the ‘initial tension’. We have developed a new method of providing the initial tension to SMA springs by changing coil orientation after the shape setting treatment. In this paper, some examples are introduced that a perfect recovery with a greater force, though permanent deformation is involved in the deformation, can be attained by the initial tension. Besides generation of two way shape memory effect is presented using the reverse of coil orientation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.