Electrolytic Hydrogen Production Using Solution Processed CIGS thin Film Solar Cells
- Electrolytic Hydrogen Production Using Solution Processed CIGS thin Film Solar Cells
- 전효상; 박세진; 민병권
- CIGS; 박막태양전지; 물분해; 수소; Water splitting; Hydrogen; CuInGaS2; Solar cells; Solution process; 용액공정
- Issue Date
- Transactions of the Korean Hydrogen and New energy society
- VOL 24, NO 4, 282-287
- Hydrogen production from water using solar energy is attractive way to obtain clean energy resource.
Among the various solar-to-hydrogen production techniques, a combination of a photovoltaic and an electrolytic
cell is one of the most promising techniques in term of stability and efficiency. In this study, we show successful
fabrication of precursor solution processed CIGS thin film solar cells which can generate high voltage. In addition,
CIGS thin film solar cell modules producing over 2V of open circuit voltage were fabricated by connecting three
single cells in series, which are applicable to water electrolysis. The operating current and voltage during water
electrolysis was measured to be 4.23mA and 1.59V, respectively, and solar to hydrogen efficiency was estimated
to be 3.9%.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.