A framework for automatic creation of motion effects from theatrical motion pictures
- A framework for automatic creation of motion effects from theatrical motion pictures
- Suchul Shin; 유병현; Soonhung Han
- motion effect; physical effect; multimedia; theater experience
- Issue Date
- Multimedia systems
- VOL 20, NO 3, 327-346
- Motion effects are the most important physical effects of commercial feature films in the latest cinemas equipped with multi-sensory-effect systems known as 4DX theaters. This paper presents a framework for automatically generating motion effects from a video. We propose a seven-step motion-effect production pipeline based on the concept of structure from motion. In particular, we present the total-variation-based adaptive noise reduction method to remove acceleration noise and introduce methods to estimate the gravity direction from an image. The proposed framework is validated by prototype application to a synthetic video, a commercial feature film, a ride film, and three point-of-view (POV) footages.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.