Visualization and level-of-detail of metadata for interactive exploration of sensor web
- Visualization and level-of-detail of metadata for interactive exploration of sensor web
- 유병현; V. Judson Harward
- sensor web data visualization; sensor web data discovery and search; level-of-detail; metadata visualization; Web3D standard; extensible 3D graphics; X3D geospatial component
- Issue Date
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DIGITAL EARTH
- VOL 7, NO 11, 847-869
- There are several issues with Web-based search interfaces on a Sensor Web data
infrastructure. It can be difficult to (1) find the proper keywords for the
formulation of queries and (2) explore the information if the user does not have
previous knowledge about the particular sensor systems providing the information.
We investigate how the visualization of sensor resources on a 3D Web-based
Digital Earth globe organized by level-of-detail (LOD) can enhance search and
exploration of information by easing the formulation of geospatial queries against
the metadata of sensor systems. Our case study provides an approach inspired by
geographical mashups in which freely available functionality and data are flexibly
combined. We use PostgreSQL, PostGIS, PHP, and X3D-Earth technologies to
allow the Web3D standard and its geospatial component to be used for visual
exploration and LOD control of a dynamic scene. Our goal is to facilitate the
dynamic exploration of the Sensor Web and to allow the user to seamlessly focus
in on a particular sensor system from a set of registered sensor networks deployed
across the globe. We present a prototype metadata exploration system featuring
LOD for a multiscaled Sensor Web as a Digital Earth application.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.