Effect of sintering aid (CoO) on transport properties of nanocrystalline Gd doped ceria (GDC) materials prepared by co-precipitation method
- Effect of sintering aid (CoO) on transport properties of nanocrystalline Gd doped ceria (GDC) materials prepared by co-precipitation method
- Ashok Kumar Baral; 다사리하리; 김병국; 이종호
- SOFC; Ionic conductivity; Dielectric loss tangent; Defect pairs; Association energy; Migration energy; Grain boundary conductivity
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 575, 455-460
- Electrical and dielectric properties of the nanocrystalline GDC materials co-doped with CoO (by deposition precipitation method) were studied in the temperature range of 150–600 °C. CoO co-doped samples show higher grain interior conductivity than that of GDC. Dielectric loss tangent (tan δ) shows the presence of defect associates such as (Co-Vo-Co) and (Co-Vo) in co-doped samples in addition to the defects (Gd-Vo-Gd) and (Gd-Vo) that are present in GDC system. Dynamic parameters such as migration energy and association energy of oxygen vacancies do not vary significantly with co-doping CoO in the GDC materials. With higher content of CoO, excess of Co2+ in the grain boundary regions leads to trapping of vacancies and/or depletion of vacancies in the space charge region. Therefore grain boundary activation energy increases and grain boundary conductivity decreases with CoO content above 1 mol%, at lower temperatures. In the temperature range of 150–600 °C overall conductivities in CoO co-doped samples increase two to three times than that of GDC material.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.