Removal of metal from acid mine drainage using a hybrid system including a pipes inserted microalgae reactor
- Removal of metal from acid mine drainage using a hybrid system including a pipes inserted microalgae reactor
- 박영태; 이홍균; 윤현식; 송경근; 염승호; 최재영
- Pipes inserted microalgae reactor; Acid mine drainage; microalgae culture; Iron removal
- Issue Date
- Bioresource technology
- VOL 150, 242-248
- In this study, the microalgae culture system to combined active treatment system and pipe inserted microalgae reactor (PIMR) was investigated. After pretreated AMD in active treatment system, the effluent load to PIMR in order to Nephroselmis sp. KGE 8 culture. In experiment, effect of iron on growth and lipid accumulation in microalgae were inspected. The 2nd pretreatment effluent was economic feasibility of microalgae culture and lipid accumulation. The growth kinetics of the microalgae are modeled using logistic growth model and the model is primarily parameterized from data obtained through an experimental study where PIMR were dosed with BBM, BBM added 10 mg L−1 iron and 2nd pretreatment effluent. Moreover, the continuous of microalgae culture in PIMR can be available. Overall, this study indicated that the use of pretreated AMD is a viable method for culture microalgae and lipid accumulation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.