Real Time Adaptive Step Length Estimation for Smartphone User
- Real Time Adaptive Step Length Estimation for Smartphone User
- 이정호; 신범주; 김철기; 김재헌; 이석; 이택진
- 스마트 폰; 보폭 추정; Indoor positioning; smartphone; step length estimation; linear combination
- Issue Date
- 2013 13th International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2013)
- An indoor positioning with a high accuracy is still a challenging research area. The error of pedestrian dead reckoning (PDR) is usually caused from both heading and step length error. In this paper, we focus on the reducing of step length estimation. We apply a linear combination consisted of 4 parameters obtained from an acceleration, an angular velocity, and a pedestrian average step length. For an in-flight calibration of step length estimation, we utilize map information and calculate constants for linear combination. We conduct a field test and its result suggests that the proposed algorithm is more accurate than the fixed step length method.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.