Utilization of LiSrPO4:Eu phosphor and Cu-In-S quantum dot for fabrication of high color rendering white light-emitting diode
- Utilization of LiSrPO4:Eu phosphor and Cu-In-S quantum dot for fabrication of high color rendering white light-emitting diode
- 송우석; 김종훈; 이정훈; 이혜승; 장호성; 양희선
- phosphor; Cd-free quantum dots; white LEDs; color rendering; Luminescence; LiSrPO4:Eu phosphor; Cu-In-S/ZnS quantum dot
- Issue Date
- Materials letters
- VOL 92, 325-329
- We report on the utilization of a novel combination of LiSrPO4:Eu phosphor plus Cu–In–S (CIS)/ZnS core/shell quantum dot (QD) as down-converter for the fabrication of a high color rendering white light-emittng diode (LED). Blue-emitting (452 nm) LiSrPO4:Eu phosphor and yellow-emitting (557 nm) CIS/ZnS QD are synthesized by conventional solid-state reaction and hot colloidal methods, respectively, and thier luminescent properties are characterizied. Taking advantage of the excellent excitation efficiencies of both phosphor and QD at near-UV region, they are incorporated into a near-UV-emitting LED chip with a scheme of QD-on-phosphor. Elelctroluminescent properties of the resulting white LED are described, and also compared to those of a blue LED-pumped, CIS/ZnS QD-based white LED with a limited color rendering property.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.