Low temperature performance of LiFePO4 cathode material for Li-ion batteries
- Low temperature performance of LiFePO4 cathode material for Li-ion batteries
- 장원영; 김수진; 박인태; 조병원; 정경윤; 신헌철
- Lithium battery; Cathode; Low-temperature; Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 563, 249-253
- Here we report the unusual low temperature (LT) capacity retention of LiFePO4, which is superior to its room temperature (RT) counterpart. In particular, the initial LT discharging capacity of LiFePO4 at -20 ℃ was only half of the RT capacity, but its average capacity fade for the first 40 cycles was only one fourth to one fifth of the RT value, which makes the capacity at -20 ℃ exceed the RT capacity after less than 20 cycles. It is suggested from the impedance and capacity analyses that the much milder degradation of the surface and the bulk, respectively, during the LT cycling might be responsible for the stable LT operation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.