Synthesis, Spectral Property and Dyeing Assessment of Azo Disperse Dyes Containing Carbonyl and Dicyanovinyl Groups
- Synthesis, Spectral Property and Dyeing Assessment of Azo Disperse Dyes Containing Carbonyl and Dicyanovinyl Groups
- 최윤석; 이군수; 김혜진; 최종윤; 강순방; 이의재; 금교창
- Azo disperse dyes; Extended conjugation; Spectral properties; Dyeing assessment; Dicyanovinyl
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 34, NO 3, 863-867
- A series of azo disperse dyes having dicyanovinyl groups was synthesized by the Knoevenagel condensation with malononitrile from carbonyl substituted phenylazo disperse dyes which were prepared by conventional diazo coupling reaction of aniline derivatives as diazo components. A variety of coupling components such as anilines, an indole and a pyridone were used. The azo disperse dyes were evaluated for their spectral properties and dyeing assessment on the polyester fabrics. The azo disperse dyes containing dicyanovinyl groups showed bathochromic shifts and darker colors due to increased electron withdrawing strength in their azo components and extended conjugation by dicyanovinyl groups than their parent carbonyl substituted azo dyes. The dyes containing 2-acetylamino-5-methoxy substituent in the coupling component exhibited higher wavelength of maximum absorbance (λmax) and significant negative solvatochromism than those of other dyes due to intramolecular hydrogen bonding.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.