Synthesis and Nrf2 Activating Ability of Thiourea and Vinyl Sulfoxide Derivatives
- Synthesis and Nrf2 Activating Ability of Thiourea and Vinyl Sulfoxide Derivatives
- 심영선; 황현숙; 남길수; 최경일
- Thiourea; Parkinson's disease; Vinyl sulfoxide; Oxidative stress; Nrf2 activator
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 34, NO 8, 2317-2320
- Thiourea and vinyl sulfoxide derivatives were designed based on the structures of sulforaphane and gallic acid, prepared and tested for HO-1 inducing activity as a measure of Nrf2 activation, and inhibitory effect on NO production as a measure of anti-inflammatory activity. Both series of compounds showed moderate activity on HO-1 induction, and no inhibitory effect on NO production. Interestingly the thiourea compound 6d showed better HO-1 induction (71% SFN) than the corresponding isothiocyanate compound 6a (55% SFN). Overall, it seemed that more efficient electrophile is needed to get more effective Nrf2 activator.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.