2-Phenylbenzofuran derivatives alleviate mitochondrial damage via the inhibition of β-amyloid aggregation
- 2-Phenylbenzofuran derivatives alleviate mitochondrial damage via the inhibition of β-amyloid aggregation
- 이윤석; 김혜연; 윤혜미; 서재홍; 김영수; 신계정
- amyloid; Alzheimer; dementia; 알츠하이머병; 아밀로이드; 2-Phenylbenzofuran; Aβ aggregation inhibitor; Mitochondria; Alzheimer's disease
- Issue Date
- Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters
- VOL 23, NO 21, 5882-5886
- To obtain modulators for reducing mitochondrial damage by the inhibition of Aβ oligomer formation, 2-phenylbenzofuran derivatives were designed and prepared. Their inhibitory activity against Aβ fibril formation was screened using ThT fluorescence assay, and the effect of derivatives on mitochondrial function was evaluated using JC-1 and MTT assay. 2-Phenylbenzofuran derivatives with dimethylamino group at p-position had an excellent inhibitory activity against Aβ fibril formation. Particularly, compound 19m alleviated mitochondrial damage remarkably and possessed protective effects against Aβ-induced cytotoxicity.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.